Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Sunday, December 27, 2009

It's Finally Here!

I began a new cycle on Christmas day. Not just any cycle, but "the" cycle. This is the cycle we've been waiting for, and this is the cycle that hopefully (fingers crossed) results in a baby! I have been waiting for this moment for a very long time, and even though my cycle was a couple of days early, I was very excited! Monday morning I will call the RE's office and pray that they can squeeze me in that afternoon, and I will head that way. I'll have my testing done & then I get to start meds, woohoo! By my calculations, it looks like we should transfer around the 15th. Which reminds me, I have some questions for him regarding the transfer, and I think K did too, so we need to get together & make a list of questions for me to ask him on Monday!

We still do not have the flippin contract signed, but it's really not our fault. We've already agreed to it, it's typed up & printed out, just waiting for signatures. My lawyer is out of her office until the 30th, and K&J's lawyer won't let me sign without speaking to her first. So as soon as I talk to her, I'll sign, send it to K&J, they'll sign and then we will be 100% official!

I really don't like the idea of starting meds without it being signed, but- it's not like we're still negotiating terms or something like that. We just have to wait for my lawyer to give the official 'thumbs-up' that I can sign, which I am sure she will. I have said more than once that a surrogate should never start meds without a contract in place, so I feel like a total hypocrite right now. And I'm not doing injections, so that makes a difference- atleast to me. I'll only be on estradiol, which isn't really a big deal. (I'll have to come back & read this last sentence when I'm having hot flashes & crying over Huggies commercials next week, ha!)

Wednesday I'm meeting K&J in OKC for lunch. That's all the update I have for now, but hopefully Monday night I'll have a really good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment