Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Here We Go!

AF came on Christmas day, so on Monday I called to get an appointment to see the RE, and was able to get in on Tuesday at noon. When I got there, the RE had me come back to his office & we went over my medical & OB history, and he made a cycle calendar for me. Then a nurse took me into a patient room and gave me two ibuprofen & an antibiotic pill and said I was having a hysterosonogram. I was really nervous because I'd heard that they were pretty uncomfortable. I had a mock transfer, which wasn't uncomfortable at all, and then the hysterosonogram- and it wasn't bad at all! The RE showed me my uterus on the screen & said that it looked perfect and that I was good to go, woooo hoooo!!!

He gave me a prescription for estradiol pills which I will take 2x a day, and Vivelle patches, which I will replace every 3 days. I'm also taking one baby aspirin per day. Then on Jan. 12th I'll have an ultrasound & check my E2 and if my levels are good and my lining is over 7mm, then I'll start prometrium & crinone, and we will transfer two frozen embies on Jan. 18th! I can't believe it's finally happening! So far I'm doing OK with the estrogen. I sort of feel like I have PMS, I've noticed that my temper was a little short today (Chris noticed too, ha!) but other than that, it's ok. I haven't turned into Psycho Crazy Lady yet. I say yet because I know it's inevitable, haha.

I did find out that I will need to stay the night in DFW after the transfer- I wasn't expecting to have to stay for bedrest, but no biggie! My friend Nina gets to go with me! Then we can have K come to the hotel room & we can all watch movies and eat popcorn and have some girly time!

The kids and I went to OKC today to meet K, J & little K for lunch at Charleston's. I'd never eaten there before, but I'm definitely going back- that burger was deeeeeelish! We also signed the contract- OMG! *happy dance* We are now 100% official. When we were leaving, K told me to come out to their car because they had something for us. There were two wrapped presents for the boys, and a gift bag for me with a Bass Pro gift card! When we got home the boys unwrapped their presents, and they each got a camo backpack with their names embroidered in hunter orange! They were so excited, and Major even asked if he could sleep with his, haha. I am so touched that they thought of us this Christmas, it means so much to me. I am so grateful to have such amazing IP's. And they're not just IP's to me anymore, they're friends. I'm so glad that we met & that I get to be a part of completing their family.

No comments:

Post a Comment