Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Friday, February 12, 2010

Crossing our fingers for March

So earlier this week, we had a mini-crisis. Ok, a rather large crisis, which led to me having a fit that could rival any 2 year olds. Seriously, I was this close to laying in the floor & screaming. K told our clinic early on that if our FET didn't work, we wanted to go straight into a fresh cycle, and they said that would be fine. Fast forward to negative beta, and the RE decides he wants to look at K's ovaries...NEXT cycle. That was kind of a bummer by itself, but because of K's work schedule, she wants to transfer by April 1st, otherwise we'd have to wait until August or September. Cue meltdown.

"What the heck am I doing to do for 6 months?! I will have no purpose! I want to deliver in 2010, or at least by late January! I can't just sit here and do nothing!"

This went on for approximately 24 hours. I was seriously freaking out. And now that I look back, I have no idea why I freaked out! It's only 6 months, it isn't the end of the world. I knew that there would be a gap in transfers if the second one didn't work, but I just wanted us to get that chance at a second one before we just twiddled our thumbs for 6 months. Thankfully, the IVF coordinator got in touch with K and told her that they were going to try their best to make a March transfer happen! Yaaaay!!! You should have seen me when I got K's text, I was fist-pumping like a Jersey Shore pro. Throw in a few ninja kicks & high fives... I'm sure I looked like I was having some kind of seizure.

So, they started me on birth control pills, and K got her blood drawn for some kind of fancy blood test to check her ovaries, and now we are just waiting for those results. Once those are in, we'll get instructions, I assume. I'm not entirely sure what this cycle will consist of, but one thing I know for sure is that both K and I will be sticking needles into our bellies on a daily basis which will be sure to turn us both into hormonal, hot-flash-having, grumpy women. I can almost hear the cries of joy from our husbands right now.

Anywho, hopefully I'll have a better update early next week. Everyone cross your fingers for a successful March transfer!

No comments:

Post a Comment