Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Looking Good!

K's blood result came back from her test last week, and whatever they tested looked very good. She goes in on the 23rd to have her ovaries looked at via ultrasound, I'm not exactly sure what they're looking for though. I'm sorry I don't know the technicalities, the whole egg production thing really isn't my area :) The IVF coordinator e-mailed me on Monday to find out what day of my birth control pills I was on, and said that we were going to get the ball rolling!

Other than that, I am in the dark. If I were to guess, I'd say that they're going to start K on meds after the 23rd so she'll produce a bunch of eggs, and that I'll be starting lupron and estradiol around the same time. But, I really don't know! K's been through this before, since she did IVF to conceive Little K, but there was no surrogate involved so this really is a whole new ballgame. I'm going to e-mail the IVF coordinator tomorrow to see if I can get a little more information form her and a rough timeline. If not, K will let me know whats up on the 23rd!

I know this was a crappy update, but hey, at least I updated!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! I have a tentative transfer date of March 25th :) This is our second attempt - no lupron for me this time around but I do have to do PIO and delestrogen (the BIG needles). Good luck with your injections. Once you get the first one out of the way, it'll be a breeze.

    ReplyDelete