Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

We have a calendar!

K went in for her ultrasound yesterday & everything looked good. The RE said he'd look over my chart & send us a calendar in a few days. Then last night he called K & said for her to continue her birth control pills, and he'd start her on stim meds on 3/13. I just checked my e-mail & the IVF coordinator sent me my calendar! This is how it's going to work:

2/25- I start lupron, 10 units
3/3- I stop birth control pills, an have my E2 & uterine lining checked
3/6- I begin taking estrace 2x a day, start Vivelle patches, and baby aspirin
3/13- K begins stim meds
3/14- I drop lupron to 5 units
3/18- I have E2 & lining checked again
3/25- I stop lupron, begin crinone, and they'll retrieve K's eggs
3/30- Transfer two of K & J's beautiful little babies into my cozy uterus where they'll (hopefully) hang out for the next 36-40 weeks!

I am so excited I can hardly stand it! The clinic is ordering my meds & I'll have my lupron overnighted to me so that I can begin tomorrow. I knew at some point I'd likely have to give myself injections, but now that I know I'm starting tomorrow, I'm starting to crap frisbees. I know, it's a teeny-tiny little needle and it's no big deal and I should thank my lucky stars that I'm not having to do PIO injections because that's a 14 inch long 10 gauge needle in the butt (ok, maybe I'm exaggerating) but I'm still slightly nervous about it! I've watched some YouTube videos demonstrating the lupron injections to psych myself up. I'm sure tomorrow when it comes time to do my first injection, I will sit there for over an hour trying to talk myself into it.


No comments:

Post a Comment