Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Can't Sleep!

Ugh! This insomnia is getting old, and we're only 7 weeks in. Well, technically only 4 weeks since the transfer, but lets not get technical. I am tired all day long, can barely wake up enough to put together a sentence, and then the sun goes down and I am just WIDE. AWAKE. Since I can't sleep, I figured I'd blog.

I hope you like the new blog layout! I added a groovy new background, a little ticker that says how far along we are, and a much-needed newer picture of myself. I decided to class up the place a little bit.

I have got some killer heartburn, too. I had heartburn with my other pregnancies, so of course I expected it. But at 7 weeks? No way. It's terrible, too. Rolaids can't touch it. I've been taking Wal-Mart's generic Zantac 150, and it's worked up until a few days ago. I'm going to have to ask my OB on Friday to give me a prescription for something. If I don't get it under control now, it'll only get worse. Just the thought of certain foods makes the acid creep up my throat (ew, I know.)

Let's go over this weeks cravings, shall we? So far we have:
Oreo's
Chocolate milk
Eggs (boiled, scrambled, deviled, over-medium)
Ramen noodles (chicken flavor only, please)
Pickles (how boring)
Tostitos Hint of Lime chips
Reese's
Pizza
Water (who craves water? seriously.)

And let's not forget, it's only Wednesday. Ok, Thursday now. But remember, I said no technicalities. One thing that I can't get over is the fact that just the thought of meat is enough to make me sick. I am a huge steak lover. Especially when pregnant. I'm sure I was responsible for the deaths of at least 10 cattle during my last pregnancy. But so far, meat makes me sick. I went out to dinner over the weekend to Shogun, and ordered steak and calamari, and I just couldn't eat it. Blech. So I'm thinking that this baby must be a girl!

I've run out of things to blog about. I need to go to bed, I actually feel somewhat sleepy now. Goodnight world!

No comments:

Post a Comment