Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

5 down, 25 to go!

So far, it's been a roller coaster. I haven't had any of the terrible side effects yet (knock on wood) but we are only 5 days in. I had a headache on Saturday, but so far that seems to be it.

My first injection was hard, it took me about 10 minutes of counting to three before I finally just did it, and I didn't even feel it! The second one wasn't as bad, it took me a few minutes to psych myself up, but it was easy. The third one just took a second, but the fourth one, well, it pinched. I think I hesitated a little when I stuck it in, and it pinched just a teeny, tiny bit. So tonight, it took me another 10 or 15 minutes of counting to three, breathing, almost passing out, and then finally doing the injection. And I didn't feel it. I feel like such a big baby! The needle is so tiny, if I do it right, I can't even feel it. It's just the idea of actually stabbing myself that I can't get over. I'm thinking it will get easier, but who knows.

In other news, I got a gift certificate for amazon.com yesterday from my very amazing friend Angela, and decided to order a Flip UltraHD camcorder. I've wanted one for a while, and thought I could use it quite a bit during this surrogacy. I can take a video of myself doing a pregnancy test & send it to K & J so that they can see the positive results appear! I can also take video of any ultrasounds that they miss, and of the baby (babies) kicking in my belly so they can see. I can't wait for it to get here!

No comments:

Post a Comment