Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Bad Dream

I had a dream last night that I was in the hospital and had just delivered twins. K & J hadn't been able to make it to the hospital on time, but they were on their way. The nurse handed me the babies and started to leave the room, but I told her that the babies weren't mine, and she had to take them to the nursery until their parents got here, and she laughed and said "no honey, those are your babies, you have to take care of them!" and left the room.

The babies were crying and hungry and then they both pooped at the same time. I pressed the call button and told the nurse that the babies were hungry and she replied "well breastfeed them, mommy!" and I just kept saying "these are not my babies!" I was crying and kept dialing K's number on my cell phone but she wouldn't answer. I tried to get out of the bed, but I had a baby in each arm and I was sore and couldn't maneuver, and kept thinking I was going to drop one.

I woke up drenched in sweat and I had tears streaming down my face. What a terrible nightmare! I still get kind of shaky just thinking about it, haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment